*2 or more people required.
Departing 10:30 a.m. from San Pancho Plaza
Punta Mita is probably one of the best places near Puerto Vallarta to learn how to surf due to its mellow waves, sandy bottom and warm water. The set up is perfect for those looking for activity and fun during their vacation.
Puerto Vallarta Surf Lessons are a great way for visitors to enjoy the ocean and beach while having a thrilling surf lesson. The beaches and waves in Punta Mita are very mellow, making it a great beach for families and couples.
The short and punchy beach break in San Pancho can be the perfect match for experienced surfers on shortboards when the conditions are right. However, for beginners, the waves are not suitable, and can be dangerous if you don’t have experience, so this is not the ideal location for surf lessons.
However, even in good conditions, even the best surfers will need to be lucky to have a good session there, as the strong waves can be challenging – so, many look further afield for a more enjoyable session such as local beaches like La Lancha.
Fortunately, Wildmex offers a shuttle service straight from Plaza La Hermandad (the one with the skatepark) all the way to the beautiful La Lancha beach, which has fun, mellow waves ideal for beginners. For those with a bit more experience, the long green waves and uncrowded lineups are ideal to work on your technique. And if you are confident and want to try something different or more challenging, we also offer coached trips out to other breaks in the area.
If you want to take surf lessons in Punta Mita (La Lancha Beach) or just take our shuttle, all you need to do is book the day before, meet us in San Pancho with your swimming gear, and we will take you all the way to the Wildmex HQ, where we have 200+ quality boards to choose from, two changing rooms, individual boxes to safely store your belongings, clean bathrooms, an outdoor shower to rinse off when you come out of the water, fresh towels, rashguards and wetsuit tops for those sensitive to cold water. We look forward to seeing you!
What to Bring
WildMex offers the best quality surf tours and activities in Punta Mita and Sayulita! To accommodate each of our guests, all of our excursions are exclusive, requiring previous reservations.
ACTIVITIES: SURF / SUP / MTB / HIKE / BOAT TOUR *Restrictions Apply on Holidays
- 24 hours or more notice – full refund.
- Less than 24 hours notice (last-minute cancellations) –70% adventure credit or 50% refund.
- No-show, or late arrival – No refund. 50% adventure credit.
- Boat or snorkeling activities have no refund or credit for any reason.
*Restrictions: During Christmas, New Year (Dec 22- Jan 6 th), Holy Week, and Easter due to our high demand:
- 48 hours or more notice – full refund.
- Less than 48 hours, as well as a no-show, and late arrival – No refund.
SURF CAMP WITH ACCOMMODATION
- 90 days notice –50% refund on accommodation and full refund on Surf Lessons.
- Less than 90 days notice (last-minute cancellations) – no refund, Full credit on the Surfing portion of Camp.
- NOTE: Once your surf camp started, surf lesson reschedule require:
- 24 hours or more notice – reschedule date or time.
- Less than 24 hours, as well as a no-show and late arrival – a lesson lost.
- Guests are responsible for meeting at WildMex Punta Mita at the agreed time to go back to their original meeting point at Sayulita.
- If you’re not on time at the agreed time or location, it will be your responsibility to make your way back to Sayulita.
- If Wildmex considers it necessary to reschedule our services due to Bad Weather Conditions, you can;
- Choose a different time on the same day.
- Choose a different day.
- 70% refund.
In the rare case WildMex, with 20+ years of experience, has to cancel your activity due to precluding Weather Conditions you will get:
Note: Our Staff is paid "per event", we try to schedule them as far in advance as possible so that our guests can get the quality service they deserve and our staff can plan their lives. Our Cancellation policy is intended to honor our staff's time and effort, and to help us provide a well-planned and memorable experience for our guests.